Day 1 Tbilisi - Gudauri - Kazbegi Our tour will start in the morning (08:00 or 09:00). We will drive to the town Kazbegi, via Cross pass. En rout visit Svetitskhoveli, Jvari Church and Ananuri architectural complex. Lunch en rout. Dinner and overnight in hotel in Kazbrgi
Day 2 Kazbegi 3-4 hours trekking round trip to visit Trinity church surrounded by the snow-capped mountain Kazbek (Mkinvartsveri), an extinct volcano reaching to 5047 meter; After lunch optional tour to and Devdoraki gorges to see waterfall or Sno valley reach of natural mineral water springs and pools. Overnight in Tbilisi.
Day 3 Kazbegi - Tbilisi;
Day 4 Tbilisi – Kutaisi
Kutaisi- The old city of Aya – Capital of old Colchis – land of Golden Fleece. Now Kutaisi is Georgia’s second largest city. Locals are known for their especial sense of humor, politeness, hospitality and superb cuisine.
- The ruins of Bagrati Temple (11th c) the view of Kutaisi opens from the church;
- Gelaty Monastery complex (11th -12th), including cathedral of the Virgin , Church of St. George, Church of St. Nicholas, Bell Tower, Chapel and the Academy built in 1104.
Dinner and overnight at guesthouse in Kutaisi
Day 5 Kutaisi- Zugdidi-Mestia
Departure from Sugdidi. Drive up the Enguri Gorge where the first inhabitants, mainly gold prospectors, settled in ancient times. It was here that most of Colchis gold was obtained. For centuries the Svan ethnic group evolved there, cut off from the outside world by the high and inaccessible mountains, their culture preserved almost intact. In earlier centuries, Svaneti was a recognized part of the Kingdom of Colchis.
On the way visits to: Here in Svaneti we find one of the highest peaks of Caucasus and the most difficult to climb for its extremely steep and slippery slopes. Svaneti is also known for its power generating plant on river Enguri. It is one of the largest in Europe and produces nearly 70 % of all electricity for country.
We visit Latali and Lenjeri single-nave stone basilicas of the 8th-9th-14th cc.with the interior richly decorated with murals.
Dinner and overnight in private home
Day 6 Mestia - Ushguli - Mestia
Drive to Ushguly, the highest permanently inhabited settlement in Europe. Visits to:
- Ipari Church
- Lamaria Church
Day 7 Mestia- Zugdidi- Tbilisi
- The historical and ethnographic museum which houses manuscripts from the 10th and 12th centuries, religious tracts from the 9th-11th century, icons, metal and other artifacts of the 14th - 16th century, gold coins of the antique and late antique periods and several Bronze Age treasures.
- Laghami Saint George's church (medieval cc)
- Svan dwelling complex
Departure to Tbilisi. Late arrival in Tbilisi.
Day 8 – Departure
- Inland transportation
- Guide assistance at the airport (arrival, departure)
- Excursions & entrance fees
- Accommodation according to the program
- Meals / full board
- mineral water (unlimited)
- Alcohol drinks spirits (limited)
- Travel insurance
- Single room supplement